Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Testing... tap... tap...

     I am going to give the new format a shot, as it's going to become the main format by the end of June. Just a bit of drivel about my thoughts and what I've been doing.

     I have a shiny new lappy with a touchpad and this raised-by-mouse old crone is feeling crazy disoriented with the new setup. I have a wireless mouse I could transfer back and forth from compy to lappy but I guess I should at least TRY and get used to the touchpad. Apparently I am not the only one who has dealt with this ageless struggle. Don't you love 'first world problems'? Anyway, I have also been reading more because of the pandemic. My current exploration is 'The works of Matthew Arnold'.

    I have loved Matthew Arnold since I first heard 'Dover Beach' being read aloud. Of late, I've been studying his poetry and loving every moment of it. He's melancholic without being too bitter (Hello, Souster!) and the imagery is stunning. This guy was very fond of the ancient Greeks as well. Now I want to read Sophocles and his compatriots. I have to wonder if Arnold was a looker in the 1800s. Side-whiskers were considered attractive, iirc. This school inspector travelled England looking at the various schools. And he wrote poems.
 
     Nothing new on the cooking horizon though I did buy some instant rice vermicelli. Rice noodle ramen? I have plans. It's pretty grim-looking outside and Arnold's poetry just makes sense. But enough of that. The month is coming to an end.

BYE.

No comments: