Translate

Friday, June 5, 2020

Insignificance

       I've been thinking a lot about insignificance and how it can be a good thing. Look at Manitoba's insignificance where the pandemic is concerned. Not to jinx it, but we currently hover at 9 active cases. Our selfless truckers are the ones who have been the ones diagnosed of late with coronavirus but they will recover and venture back into the monster's lair known as the U.S. again and again to keep the supply chain active and vibrant.

      I try not to get political in this blog, as so many other people are saying things much better than I ever could but today I have to doff my cap and raise my glass to the mayor of D.C. Muriel E. Bowser (love her last name!) ordered a gorgeous paint job just outside the White House recently. Yellow like the sun and awesome like a mushroom cloud; an anthem numerous nasty-minded people consider anathema. George Floyd probably never planned to be the 21st century's version of Steve Biko or MLK Jr. and yet here we are. As far as I know, he just planned to spread around a little counterfeit cash that day. You know what happened next.

     Peter Gabriel said, "You can blow out a candle but you can't blow out a fire" in his seminal 'Biko'. Thanks to the heartless actions of one fiend in Minnesota, Tsar Bomba touched down and the firestorm is growing to encompass a fair bit of the world. All I can do is watch and pray for the protesters; that they do not end up at the hands of other heartless fiends. Meanwhile, the man with the power to do the most good in America is doing anything but. The generals, the seniors, and even his own party begin to turn against him. Perhaps it is only a matter of time before something good finally happens in America.

    What does this have to do with insignificance? Well, I take comfort in my insignificance enough to know that nobody's going to consider me worth the effort to read. Oh, and here are some Sims to make this entry at least worth the while.

















BYE.

No comments: