Translate

Friday, July 9, 2021

Political pondering

      I try to stay away from politics on here because the signal to noise ratio on the Webz is already horrendous. My blog is for fun stuff like this

 

and this


 and this


      However, I started reading 'The impeachers' and American politics is much on my mind as a result. Brenda Wineapple wrote a book detailing another impeachment trial - the first of its kind - that took place not long after the Civil War. Democrat Andrew Johnson thought himself a king, and it was up to the Republicans to take him down in flames. I have no idea when the roles changed - when the Republicans became pathetically racist and the Democrats became America's only hope for the future - for there was a time when the roles were reversed. Was it gradual or was there a big event that determined a role reversal?

    Anyway, I started reading this book. Fascinating stuff thus far. I probably won't go very much into my thoughts concerning this book or about American politics in general because there's already enough noise about the matter. On the good news front, I have joined the slowly growing masses in getting the elusive vaccination card. I am fully vaccinated and I want the world (all three of you) to know it. I blasted 'Ode to Joy' earlier today in celebration. I continue to play Legends of Idleon and TS3. That's been my summer thus far.

    Hope you are all staying safe and that the numbers continue to decline wherever you hail from.

BYE.

No comments: