Translate

Saturday, July 24, 2021

End of Days

       Not really. It's just coming to the end of July. Halfway through my summer life, and I'm reading Mary McCarthy's 'The group'. I was certain I would not like this book, as the characters have nothing to do with me beyond my colouring. Eight privileged women and their lives through the 30s. I had a major beef with one of the characters in particular. She married someone I would call a hipster these days - a massive pain in the rear end at any rate.

      However, as I continued to read, I started to change my mind. This book has become hard to put down. It's what I am currently focusing on. No heat warnings for the moment, but rain continues to be very badly needed. The farmers are considering culling their herds of cows because they don't have enough feed. Anyway, I just wanted to give you happy few a heads up. I am still very much alive and I wish you all the best. Remember to get vaccinated, wear yer masks (if you are still mandated), and keep that healthy distance. We can get through this.

 


BYE.

No comments: