Translate

Monday, December 23, 2019

Feliz, feliz, feliz?

     Yeah, I guess I'm happy these days. Why shouldn't I be happy? I'm off for two weeks, I've been to a number of Xmas parties and the three biggest ones are still ahead, and I'm halfway through a français book challenge that I set for myself. Catherine Leroux's 'Le mur mitoyen' for yer big fat information  (The party wall in English). Note to self; don't go to Goodreads and not expect spoilers! Augh! I just took a peek at the blurb for 'The party wall' and saw a spoiler. Anyway, siblings with interesting family connections are all over the shop in this collection of stories.

      The going is all right thus far, by the way. I haven't set a French challenge for myself in some time. Yeah, you'd think, 'she's working in an immersion school library; she has thousands of opportunities for français challenges.' Okay, okay... you would be right. I'm just a lazy sack of summat-or-other. I should start trying more challenges using school library books. Hey, the français might be easier in these books, right? But that won't be until 2020 when I get back to work. I'm still blown away by the fact that 2020 is just around the corner. As I like to say, a million years ago in the 80s, 2020 was this far off year that wasn't good for anything but sci-fi novels. Now it's just around the corner. 😱

        I always seem to need time to get into the shopping spirit. I have just a couple of things left to buy and then I'm golden for Xmas. Definitely First World Problem here. The weather's been warming up a little and my car's not yelling at me about low tire pressure anymore. I know I'm overdue for a visit to the dealership for a tune-up - maybe in the new year. On the Sims front, I am going to give Isla Paradiso a fair shake. That is one world I have never done anything with and it's definitely time to give it a go. I'm not fond of Bridgeport, I adore Riverview, and the rest are all right. I've been to the future world a number of times but never IP.

       That's about all for me. I will definitely be back in 2020. I'll find summat to blather about, I'm sure. To the two or three people who actually follow my blog (esp. those possibly Yorkshireian Mares): May you all have family, happiness, and plenty of food and good times at the tail end of 2019 and even more in 2020.

       Oh, and Sims.















BYE. 💗

No comments: