Translate

Monday, December 2, 2019

About madness

    Honestly, I really don't have very much to say. The only reason I'm posting is to reassure the two or three people who actually follow my blog that I have not died. My online presence is, as far as I know, not very strong or enduring. Apart from this ancient blog, my Twitter account (which collects more dust than my house), and my chance visits to the Sims Forums (which, as far as I know, looks like Sheffield in 'Threads' right now), I am barely anywhere. I am on Youtube but only to post inanities and the like.

     On my current literary horizon I am looking through 'Madness is better than defeat' by Ned Beauman. My first thought was that the title reeked summat Lovecraftian. In many of Lovecraft's short stories something unspeakably weird and tragic happens to the character and he has no other recourse than to go mad. The vibe of this book, meanwhile, is struggle. Struggle between two groups over a temple in the Honduran jungle. Two groups who might realize that their struggle is lunacy but they won't give up the fight.

      The title makes a fair bit of sense, in other words. Also, as the struggle goes on for years, people start running out of things in the jungle and have to make do with other things. At first, I found myself getting a 'Threads' vibe as well. No surprise since I am still freaking obsessed with that blasted movie. Not as much as I was back in 2013, thankfully. That vibe, also thankfully, did not last. I don't need my sleep interrupted by ICBMs, traffic wardens, and that miserable woman with the barbecued baby.

      Anyway, this wouldn't be a (in)decent post without some sims pictures, would it?




     










     
      I should make a couple more visits before the end of the year. 2020 was such a weird year to think about - in the 1990s it was still such a long way off. Now it's less than a month away. Gads.

BYE.

No comments: