Translate

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Cans

     Nothing like inclement weather and poor road conditions to make one do an inventory of one's canned goods. I consider myself lucky that I only had 3 cans of soup past their expiration dates. One of my cans was still good so I made lunch and will make dinner out of it. Chunky beef barley soup - smelled and tasted okay. Fills me up, anyway. While I'm here, I have to wonder about expiration dates on canned goods.

     Once it's past the date it should be thrown out - better safe than sick - but how far past the date is it okay? I mean, once you get past the date the can's in a grey area and you're doubtless better off throwing it away; suppose it's all you have and you can't get to the store because of of poor road conditions? That or an ICBM came for a visit upwind and you're completely screwed anyway? Like the dude in 'The Day After' said, "Just get the canned goods!" I'm sure 2019 might have been okay but what about 2018? Too far past the date?

     I was already stuck with a churning belly the other day as it is and I'd rather not go through that again. If you plan to go to McDonald's, DO NOT order the spicy chipotle seasoned fries! Anyway, I should go out and clear the snow from my car. Not planning to go anywhere but it's something to do, innit?

    Okay. Here's a bit of Sims stuff.
















BYE.

No comments: