Translate

Friday, May 11, 2018

And here's the weekend report

     Hail to the weekend! Why the rain is giving my neck of the woods the slip I have no idea. It's pouring buckets and flooding either coast but leaving the middle alone. The wildfires are going to catch up with us soon, I fear. But enough fear-mongering. Time for the sports report.

     I am not a hockey fan. I prefer the pigskin over the puck and the Bombers over the Jets. This is the first time that I have ever been interested in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Pride in the 'Peg, I guess. By now, thanks to Toronto's loss, many Canadians are looking to Winnipeg to keep the Cup in Canada. The Jets have a ways yet but they may get there and hoist the Cup with pride.

    Meanwhile, in Winnipeg, this is our song. Sing it proudly.



      Yeah, it's Ace Burpee. Please don't judge. 😁

      Tomorrow the Jets wage war with Las Vegas and its Golden Knights while Washington does battle with Tampa Bay. Predators, we hardly knew ye. Enjoy the golf, guys!

      Now for news from the UK. Mares were musing over John Cooper Clark of late. Why he's still alive while others have fallen thanks to nasal activities. Well, my theory is that JCC found religion and that kept him going. In particular, he found the Honey Monster.



     Have 'Common sense' and bow down before the original 'Honey' Puff Daddy, ye fools!

    And now for some canine interest stuff.


















That is all for now.

BYE.

No comments: