Translate

Friday, March 9, 2018

Business of Beckett and birthday

Just posting one picture today. A lovely pre-dawn scene.



Meanwhile, my obsession with Samuel Beckett continues. Blame Applemask if you want to blame anyone. If it had not been for him I would have never discovered Rockaby or NotI. I have never read or watching anything related to 'Waiting for Godot'. Maybe someday I will make that foray but for now I am happily reading 'Damned to fame' by Beckett's biographer James Knowlson.
I first came across Knowlson's work in 'Remembering Beckett; Beckett remembering'. 'Damned to fame' was mentioned a fair bit so I decided to give the main work a spin. I also checked out 'Dreams of fair to middling women' but have yet to read it.
So my birthday is this Monday. Weird thought this; being 38 and all. Makes all of my xtendeds feel old. :D Anyway, I of course have NO idea what I want for my birthday. Par for the course. I guess I should get back to reading.
BYE.

No comments: