Translate

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Nationalist Whining

      I got so caught up in seeing some of my relatives that I completely forgot the real reason for posting yesterday. Forgive the whining that is to follow, but nobody reads my blog anyway; and it's my stomping ground, so why shouldn't I say what I will?

     I get that White People are Jerks and that the Indigenous community has been kicked around for centuries. Indigenous people deserve far, far better lives than what they keep getting. If the likes of Sitting Bull, Big Bear, and their fellow leaders had known of the messes still to come, they would have done well to tear through the white settlements and set us all to flame, tomahawk, and bullet. I get all this. No amount of money will make up for this enduring tragedy, but that seems to be all White people want to do.

     What is bumming me right out is seeing the Canadian flag at an eternal half-mast. Yes, I know Canada does not have a great deal to be proud about, but damn it, THE FLAG DESERVES BETTER! This is one boomer (brought into being in 1965) that deserves some freaking respect. Can we just bring it back to its traditional place on the damn flagpole, PM Aimless? Maybe for a fortnight and then we can go back to the perpetual funeral? Mourning the deaths of all Indigenous children and people is important, but it's going to be 2035 and the flag will probably still be at half-mast.

     That was all I really had to say. Here a couple of pictures to cheer myself up.

 



BYE.

No comments: