Translate

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Ghost in the BIOS

      I have an elderly computer, and from time to time, the ghost of the old BIOS rises up and yells at me about my CPU fan not working. I have two fans - one for the CPU and one for the GPU - and this morning, even as the old BIOS beeped at me, both fans were pouring out lovely cool air. Sooner or later, I know I will have to say goodbye to this distinguished elder. The only things I will feel bad about losing are the documents I have saved on there - if there's still time, I'll see what I can do about sending those files to my shiny laptop - and TS3. I am just not sure I will be able to install TS3 to this laptop. I have all the original disks and I think I know how to avoid that bastard patch 1.69, but I don't know how well TS3 will play with Windows 10.

      Meanwhile, I'm typing this post on my laptop. My cat would like to gnaw the cord, but I'm doing my best to keep her away. I have nearly updated everything on the laptop and soon I'll play some Saints Row the Third just because I want to give somebody a solid thumping. I hope the ghost goes away again for a while. I think there's a way to get around the ghost but I cannot recall what that trick is. If any of you have dealt with the curse of American Megatrends and know about this damn ghost, please let me know so I can commiserate.

      No pics today as all of my pics are on the ancient compy. 😢


BYE.

No comments: