Translate

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Ticking down

        In less than 24 hours I will be in line for my first dose of the vaccine. I feel like I'm part of history right now. It may be months before I get my second dose but I can be patient. I'm getting my first dose, and that's thrilling. Monday is Victoria Day, so if I get hit with side-effects, I'll have a bit of time to recuperate. As soon I booked my appointment I felt something lighten inside me. A rare bit of optimism in these dark times. I pulled out a can of cream of potato soup and added some chicken. It tasted okay. Call me a lazy such-and-such if you wish.

       Joanna Hickson's 'The first of the Tudors' blew my mind when I read it earlier this year, so here I go with 'The Agincourt Bride'. Recall that Emma Thompson portrayed Princess Catherine of France in the legendary 1986 film with her then squeeze Kenneth Branagh who played Henry V. This was before the Wars of the Roses. A fairly good book so far. Told from the perspective of her maid, which is probably the best way to go about it.

 

 Never realized that the family duck was such an explorer.

 

 Caught this dude relaxing after a hard day of reaping.


Some 'oh yeah' action for your approval.


Got a bad jellybean, did we?


     I guess that's all I have for ye happy few. Or maybe you aren't happy. Hope yer happy and staying safe anyway. Maybe stupidity will finally win and all the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers will learn their lessons. Yeah, I can be optimistic but that's going too far afield.

BYE.


No comments: