Translate

Sunday, May 2, 2021

No going to Al Simhara

      I went to nraas and they suggested I reset everything but it's still no use. I guess this one family of mine will never go to Egypt again. They also suggested I get Traveler and ErrorTrap. I guess, if you get one of those mods, you should get them all? Not that my game is buggered or anything; just a minor inconvenience.

      Who taught Jesse Ball to write? Pity they never taught him how to end a story well. So damn anti-climactic it hurts the head. The dude has great style and can start and see a story through, but he is an utter fail at closing a story down. I read 'A cure for suicide' and 'Samedi the deafness' recently, and was ready to slam Ball into a door and give him a disease-laced sammich. Do I even want to try this dude's works hoping third time's the charm or should I just throw up my hands and suggest Ball go swimming with the Spirit of Dark and Lonely Water?

      It rained a fair bit this weekend, and we needed the rain badly. Mom met me in the park with A&W yesterday. I think she's really looking forward to everyone in Canada getting both doses of the vaccine so we can open up and go back to pre-pandemic times. I'm an antisocial so-n-so, so this life is not nearly such a hardship. All in all, it's been a lovely weekend. I beefed up a can of cream of potato soup with mashed potatoes, cheese, bacon bits, and dill. I tried to get cheap chives but came up empty. I also made curried potatoes with beef flavouring. I've eaten plenty of starch today; that's what I'm saying.

      Amazing that we're in May already. June is just under the horizon. I don't expect that there will be another lean summer in my future for 2021. The division would have had to tell us at least a week ago if there was in fact a plan to let the support staff go a month early. I guess they could still let us go at some point in June, but it seems doubtful at this point. There's a rumour that the 7s and 8s will be back full-time at some point, but that just seems like madness.

 


This dude has it down; anybody for a swim?

BYE.

No comments: