Translate

Friday, December 11, 2020

Uncertain, as usual

       Even with the approaching vaccine, uncertainty is a constant of my miserable little life. At least the library is open again. I would like the holds I placed to be ready and waiting for me. As far as I know, the three holds are all checked in. Even a sign of TRACE would be welcome at this point. Then I could look for another book to hold. Anyway, I just finished reading Asimov's 'End of Eternity' and I really did not care for it. I suspect I might have liked it when I last read it. That would have been when I was in my teens a couple millennia ago. 

      Now that I'm a bitter old hag, I kinda shake my head at it. Maybe it's just that the book is so superficial. Asimov just mooshes the woman with the main character and expects the reader to fill in the gaps. There was no discernible reason for the main character to fall for her other than the fact that she was a woman. The time-travel concepts were pretty good and I kept thinking about H.G. Wells when the main character went to the year 100,000. The main character in 'The time machine' did the same in the movie. Here's a clip from that fantastic movie, anyway. While my first glimpse of Yvette Mimieux was in 'The black hole', here she's pretty good here as well.

 


       Thanks to Classic Movie Guy for posting this clip. There are other 'The time machine' clips on this channel as well as clips from other movies. Go take a peek, if you would.

       Where was I? Oh yeah. Not Asimov's best showing. Maybe it's just the decade or just his age. Not going to post any Sims stuff today. Just not feeling it, folks. Hope the two or three of you incredible people are having a good day. When it comes, get the vaccine, keep masked, keep yer distance, and stay safe. Just because the vaccine is the thing does not mean the pandemic was stop being a thing.

BYE.

No comments: