Translate

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Smouldering out there

           Happy Canada Day! Life in a pandemic and there's more fun promised to come. Is this for real? Doubtful kudos to the dude who first proclaimed, "May you live in interesting times." I doubt he would have taken his curse back even if he'd had the chance, however. Good riddance to the future, amirite? However, while my worries by day are exceedingly great, my dreams have been weirdly interesting. I guess my subconscious mind is calmer and more at ease than its conscious cousin.

           So today is Canada Day. Best advice? STAY HOME!! Our numbers are lower than those of our southern neighbours but a few massive gatherings today could cause devastating spikes for us. I shiver at the thought of July 4th in the States. Too many people are going to cling to the letter of the event and this could lead to the dreaded super-spreader. Woe betide both countries and the spikes to come. Okay, enough fear and dread. I attended my staff lunch yesterday in the sauna that is the gym. At least it was a bit cooler than outside. The A/C is busted at the school, apparently, and the second floor was hellishly hot. Perhaps even hotter than it was outside. At least the food was good and the speeches were even better.

         Not a dry eye in the house when we said au revoir to our principal and vice principal. They had to build École Ness from the ground up and now look at us. I'm a late-comer to the party but I've worked for Jordana and Cheri in the Golden Gate days and they are magnificent leaders and people. The board office and Heritage are getting great assets and our school division has to be the better for it. One of our resource heads is moving on to high school and our choir teacher accepted full-time at another school. Tears but a lot of laughter as well. Vous me manquerez.

        Now, my PlantSim family moved to Starlight Shores recently. Farewell, Twinbrook! However, I still have pictures from the Twinbrook days and, by gum, I'm gonna post'em!














BYE.

No comments: