Translate

Saturday, February 17, 2018

In Memoriam

     No, this isn't about Sims and it has nothing to do with my family. My Memère is 91 and is keeping pretty busy of late. Mom had to cancel her trip to Ixtapa after Pepère passed away but she is still going to Texas to spend time with an old friend. I am dealing with work as usual and life is not too bad. Still, I would love to win the lottery. Then again, wouldn't most people?
     The reason I am posting summat today has everything to do with this Monday. Louis Riel, our deeply religious and most forceful founder, got a holiday in his honour in Manitoba some time ago. It falls on the 19th of February this year. To this day, his life and death divide English and French Canada rather deeply. Manitoba has the second-largest French-speaking population in the country and has a very high concentration of Metis people. Louis Riel was their leader and voice. Well, there was Gabriel Dumont as well but sadly, I don't know all that much about him.
      In honour of this great man, his important cause, and in honour of Manitobans everywhere, I post this excellent Youtube video courtesy of Histoica Canada. Oh, and this video has a graphic ending. You have been warned.



     And Roy Dupuis is gorgeous. Have a good day.

No comments: