Translate

Saturday, February 20, 2010

On the Literary Front #7

"Breathe life into the world you've created." Sage advice from a treasured teacher I had in Grade 12. Little flashes of description coming together to brighten and colour the world. I continue to heed the call of the Muse, and I'm enjoying the act of creation. The 'stranger in a strange world' motif is definitely coming into play in this literary project. Not only is my protagonist learning about the world he's part of, but so am I (and maybe even someday a reader will learn about it as well). I'm starting to see this world. Using a computer makes things less set in stone, so everything about the world I'm crafting for my characters can still change. Makes me wonder what J.R.R. Tolkien would've done with a computer? I bet he'd ignore it and continue to work with pencil, paper, and maybe a typewriter. Ray Bradbury wants nothing to do with computers as far as writing is concerned. I wonder what he thinks about fan fiction?
Elsewhere on the literary front, I'm reading a series by Garth Nix. I'm still trying to get my hands on the first book in the series (presently reading book 2 and I have book 3 in waiting). Not the long series (the one named for days of the week, I think it is), but that one may soon follow. I'm also trying to get through the 'Dark Tower' series. I have the 6th book in waiting and I just borrowed the 7th in the series. Pretty pleased about getting through it fairly quickly. Anyway, that's what's going on with me right now. February is almost done. My b-day is closing in. Yeeee-haaaaaa! BYE.

No comments: