Translate

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Lovely

 Best way to kick off Spring Break? Get a cold and follow that up with a sprain! So I slipped on one of the steps in my unit and bent my left ankle weirdly. Now it's bruised, swollen, and not at all pleased with me. Urgent Care is currently at a 6-7 hour wait and the nearest minor injury clinic is booked all day today and all day tomorrow.

  Absolutely chuffing marvy, innit? So all I can do right now is elevate my ankle and ice it. I also have tylenol and ibuprofen on hand. If I straighten out my foot, no complaints. If I bend it so I can stand upright, the crying begins. My cold is less of a concern as a result of this mess.

  I elevate my foot and ice it until my foot falls asleep. Then I put the ice pack back in the freezer. Already my right leg complains about needing to take up the slack. Meanwhile, the beast is wondering about this whole thing. Oh, and dinner's in an hour for her.

  So yeah. Lots of wonderful stuff going on. At least I didn't take a full tumble. I honestly doubt I'd still be around to complain if that happened. Stay safe, folks.

BYE.

No comments: