Translate

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Thoughts of a True Contestant

"Okay, you've got this, Merril. You've been training every day for the last month on every sort of hot dog out there. You've eaten your weight in tofu and pork until you're sick of it. Remember; you're not in it to get ahead of anyone else. Your only opponent is you."
DING! 
 "Ergh. This is tedious. Remember Kobayshi. You can do this, Merril. Two dogs a minute. Don't look at your opponents. You've got this."
DING! Merril's the winner!
"I did it! I knew I could do it! We did it, stomach! I am triumphant! Eat my dust (and those dogs), fools! I did it!"
"Urrrrrrrpppp. That was a nasty-tasting one. Ooh, my poor stomach. Toilet, toilet, toilet. Must get to the toilet. Ohhhh, I don't know if I'm going to make it. I am never going to eat another hot dog in my life ever again."

No comments: