Translate

Monday, April 6, 2020

So my grey cells are going out my ears

    I am an introvert so this physical distancing stuff ought to be second nature for me. The only time I go out is for groceries or to the Subway/Freshii/etc... and for a occasional walk. I worked from home the week before Spring Break; which went okay. Then I was off for Spring Break and that was fine. This week looks like it's going to be another work-from-home deal. I know it's better to stay home and stay healthy rather than risk going too much in public and possibly getting sick, but man o man. My brains are going out my ears.

     Yesterday I wrote about how much I would love to just spend a couple of hours in my library this week. I'd be alone and I'd have more to do. That is how desperate I am for a change of scenery. And this whole corona-saga isn't even a month long. Well, not where my school division is concerned. It's not boredom that I'm complaining about - it's a need for a different place to see. I'm in library withdrawal because my public is still closed. And who is to say when it will be open again. Is this pity? Definitely. Of course there's illness and plenty of desperation out in the world and my problems are definitely less than amoebas. Still, this is my blog and I am going to complain here if I wish.

     I'm typing out one of my old journals and reading about the Charleswood Library - my public, as it were. Naturally, I find myself yearning to go there. Augh. Anyway, with China and possibly Italy reporting fewer cases, things might start looking hopeful for Canada. Maybe somebody can open up the schools for a couple of weeks to I can go and work there for a bit. Maybe the the WPL will open up again. Geez, it hasn't even been a month but it feels like so much longer.

     Yeah, so that's what's going on with me. Easter's coming but it's doubtful that I'll be going anywhere to celebrate. Maybe the family will come together on Skype or whatever to have a meal. That might be nice.


BYE. 😷

No comments: