Translate

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Tomorrow

       It is the Day of Truth and Reconciliation, and Manitoba has declared it to be a stat holiday. Two facts to remember where tomorrow is concerned.

      "I wish to acknowledge that we are gathered on Treaty 1 territory, traditional territory of the Anishinaabeg, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene Peoples, and on the homeland of the Métis Nation." (https://www.csps-efpc.gc.ca/tools/jobaids/terr-acknowledgement-eng.aspx)

       This is the first thing usually said at school assemblies. Treaty 1 land encompasses all of Winnipeg and much of Southern Manitoba. The second thing to remember is that White People are Jerks. I'm as white as snow, so I can say that. Anyway, I will remember these two facts all throughout the day. Especially the second fact, as I am redolent with self-loathing.

        Anyway, Friday I'll be back to work. Also, here are some images.







        Also...

BYE.

No comments: