Translate

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Anti-social is status quo

     Hello everyone! I hope the two or three who still follow this blog are keeping their isolation and social distancing up. Make sure to wash yer hands as well. COVID-19 continues to cover the planet with its deadly pall and things will get worse before they get better. My new favourite site has to be worldometers.info with its constantly updated page about the coronavirus. The U.S. is slowly but surely catching up to Italy, Switzerland keeps getting hammered, and Canada has left Australia behind for good. For a moment they were constantly neck-and-neck but now Canada's moved on.

     Enforcing self-isolation and social distancing is much like stopping booze thefts from the LC. Good luck with that! I've been rereading 'House of the dead' by Fyodor Dostoyevsky and I'm thinking that all sensible leaders could use a Siberia right now. Apologies for the healthy dose of bitter cynicism but people are stupid in general. The newest name for the entitled jerks is 'Covidiots'. It fits nicely, don't you think?

      Just posting to remind my few followers that I'm doing all right and staying indoors for the most part. Today I went grocery shopping and let me tell you that it's hard to keep a 2m distance between myself and people who are just waiting in line for the cashier. I kept ducking in and out of aisles trying to keep away from people. I felt a little silly about it but I don't want to end up like the Prince of Wales. Yeah, he's got COVID-19. Yikes. This is going to get worse before it gets better. Of course, the world death toll is still less than 50,000. We'll see where that number is in a month.

     I'm playing TS3 as usual. I don't like Isla Paradiso all that much. Maybe it's just the house I have that family in. Plumbob knows I could move them to a rather expensive house. I love the shower/toilet combo that you can use for your houses, mind you. It's like when people pee in the shower, isn't it? Anyway, I have pics for yer perusal. Then I'm moving on.
















BYE.

No comments: