Translate

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

A lovely visit

       Met with my memère for the first time since Boxing Day last year. Thanks to the miracle of vaccination, I was able to hug her and have some lunch under her roof. She's 94 and looking forward to her 4th great-grandchild. She was as thrilled to see me as I was to see her. Then I texted my mom when I got home. She's at the lake right now. A lovely Tuesday afternoon. How are you all doing? Gotten yer vaccine yet? Please do it - such a liberating feeling.

       I am reading a Chris Ryan novel and pondering the dark underbelly of international politics. I've come to the conclusion that world peace may never be truly realized as there can never be a universal interpretation of the concept. Call me a pessimist but your idea of world peace is never going to be the spitting image of mine. There will always be subtle differences.

       A short entry, but I have very little else to say right now.

BYE.

No comments: